The Whatever Happened to … Post
As we prepare for the second half of the front 13 of season 3 I thought it might be fun to go back over some of the things we’re still waiting to find out about. Inspired by Herder’s excellent post in Amy’s WTWT renewal post, I thought it deserved its own post for some rampant speculation fun this weekend. I know, most of our twists, cons, retcons and backward reveals will never come true, but come on, this is pure Chuck fun. After the jump.
I’m guessing Herder won’t mind if I unabashedly steal his list of things as a starting point, and if he does I’ll just mod him out of existence. 😉 JUST KIDDING!!!
– The General’s “they have to know”, havn’t seen much of the General and nothing has come up that falls into the category of something the team should have been brought up to speed on.
– The disks that were in the golden case, we heard that “with these we have a chance” then nothing since.
– Shaw’s wedding rings, specifically his wife’s, why would they be included with the disks, was it a message. Why would Shaw’s wife take her wedding ring/engagement ring on a mission then send it back. If it is part of her cover it would be missed and if not why bring it in the first place.
– “Save the world from Chuck” this was tossed out in the first episode, then never mentioned again. Is it about his ability to control the intersect or is it about some inherent quality of intersects that make them dangerous.
– Paris, we’re not done with Paris yet, I suspect that there is some connection between Orion and Paris.
– Lisbon, I think there is something with Lisbon, that is where Sarah scattered Bryce’s ashes as that was where their first mission was. Could it also be where Project Omaha was based.
– The assassin who ID’d Awesome as a spy, he is still out there, he can ID Awesome again and draw him back into the spy world.
– Chuck being able to rewire the impenetrable Ring phones, I like this and I think it is significant as it show’s Chuck’s value without flashes. I think his ability with the phones will come back to the story at some point.
– Casey’s lie about Emmitt’s death, yeah I know there are spoiler photos about this but I tend to think of it in more of the trust issue, along the lines of Mauser in Santa Claus. Also it affects Chuck’s perception of himself as part of the team.
That’s a lot of good spy stuff we can find out about, and I’m looking forward to it. Now I’m going to add my favorites of the stuff that we saw that could come back later.
– RIOS (Also a Joe favorite). Whatever happened to RIOS? My theory is that it was part of Fulcrum’s Intersect project. RIOS would be the virus that gathered all information about everyone and everything to be fed to the Fulcrum Intersect. Will the Ring pick it up?
– Intentional Flashes. Orion, the Intersect architect showed Chuck how to intentionally flash and break a code in Dream Job. Since then we’ve seen Chuck be able to flash on weapons and musical instruments just by looking at them. What other skills might Chuck be able to call upon at will? (Like maybe the entire Kama Sutra at the end of 3.13…)
– People from the past. Often TPTB talk about how great a guest star was and how they’d love to have them back. Think of the possibilities if Chuck and Sarah were to run into Cole or Jill while undercover. Could Hannah be back this season? What about Vincent rising from the dead one last time (Although I believe TPTB did say he was dead if it wasn’t on the screen they could still do it). Any you can think of you’d like back?
– Omaha, Lisbon, Prague. They do keep coming up. The Omaha project came up as early as Alma Mater in S1. It was the project Chuck was originally tapped for that Bryce got him kicked out of Standford to avoid. Bryce and Sarah obviously have used Omaha as a code, and at the end of vs. the Ring Orion revealed that he re-build the intersect on certain conditions, one being that the CIA leave Chuck alone. Seems like Chuck volunteered after that though. Hmmm. Is he now the Omaha project, a military operation as Bryce origionally described it, might this be the dangerous side of Chuck Beckman alluded to?
With those few nuggets of fun to chew on I think I’ll just open it up to anyone who wants to chime in with their favorite dropped thread or possibility. Besides, speaking of possibilities here’s that elusive less than 1,000 word Ernie Davis post that someone specked as a long shot, so you never know.