HI friends, I’m back from yet another trip and wanted to get some conversation going on the upcoming Comic Con. I took the liberty of copying this info from our friends at ChuckTV.net
“Warner Bros. just released their Comic Con 2010 details, including the scoop on Chuck at this year’s geek fest. The panel will be Saturday, July 24 @ 10AM in Ballroom 20. Confirmed to attend are cast members Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Joshua Gomez, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, and Scott Krinsky, plus co-creators Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak. Alan Sepinwall and Daniel Fienberg from HitFix will moderate the panel.
A “special video presentation” is being touted in addition to the Q&A. They won’t have begun filming season 4 yet, so what could that video be? We will be on hand for both the panel and the press room to bring you all the scoop!”
I wanted to see if any of our readers were going to be there to see the Chuck panel and would be interested in being an iReporter for the blog? Needless to say I would love to go, particularly if it meant I could meet up with my fellow blog writers and meet some of our readers. I don’t think that is going to happen <sigh>, so instead I thought it would be fun to play reporter and list out questions I would want asked and thought you might enjoy playing virtual reporter as well.
One of the things I’ve noticed in the past is that we mostly end up hearing from Zach and Josh, with Schwedak getting a few words in. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing-they are both very extroverted and funny. But as most of you have figured out, I’m very interested in fleshing out Sarah Walker and her character. Some of the questions I pose are serious, and some are to get the comedic responses going! So with my caveats in place, I will post my questions after the break.
1. For each panel member, I’d like to know what projects (personal or professional) they worked on during hiatus.
2. For Sarah Lancaster and Yvonne Strahovski, I’d like to know how they feel about their characters interactions now that Ellie knows Sarah and Chuck’s secret. Will she truly realize that Sarah is Chuck’s “best gal”? How would they each like the season 4 relationship progress? I for one felt there was friction between them, both with the “is my husband safe with you” line to the way they chose to block the final scenes at the apartment. You had Sarah and Casey separated from the rest. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but I am curious, and the excellent guest post by Kris from SWFG echoes some of my thoughts on this as well.
3. For Lancaster, how would Ellie feel if her mom came back? Would her reaction be different if her mom was a spy (protecting them) vs. just abandoning them?
4. For Yvonne, I’d like to know what she thinks Sarah’s mom’s background could/should be? Will we see Mama Burton this season?
5. For Lancaster, what type of plot, if any, would she like to see Ellie (or Ellie and Awesome) have to do a spy mission on? ie. they end up having to go undercover with Team Bartowski. Same question for Ryan McPartlin, but his would be as a couple, as Devon has had his solo adventures with Team B.
6. For Josh Gomez, how does he feel about the evolution of Morgan G. Grimes and being involved in the spy world? How will he handle being out on Team Bartowski while Chuck is riding the pine? How would he feel if Morgan had to play Sarah’s boyfriend on a mission?
7. Will we get to see Anna Wu this season?
8. What past guest stars may make a return appearance this season? Carina (I personally hope so-she pushes so many people’s buttons!), Roan, Shaw (I really really hope not!), Jill, Jack Burton, Cole?
9. Will Big Mike be opening his Subway franchise now that the Buy More has burned to the ground?
10. Will Zach get to sing on the show this season? The guy is talented! Chuck upstaging Jeffster or serenading Sarah gets my vote!
11. Will Jeff and Lester be exonerated? Will they work for Big Mike or try to gain employment at Underpants Etc?
12. Will Chuck ever start his own cover company to allow for his personal spy mission, handed down by Papa B? I’ve always advocated that he take over Perseus’ company, and he could do it from the home office (assuming C&S move into the house).
13. How does Adam Baldwin see his character evolving as more of a partner/friend to Sarah and Chuck (vs. the boss of old) and his role as a father to Alex? Will Alex be making more regular appearances? Will Kathleen be making an appearance? Would he like to see Casey get involved with her or will his choice of love of country keep him away?
I’m sure you have many burning questions, and I’m sure I can come up with more, but for now, let the speculation begin!