Following Thinkling’s lead in providing some just-for-fun distractions to go along with all the re-watches, we thought it might be fun to look ahead rather than back. Rather than go into a full-blown speculation post (which is probably on its way anyway) we thought we’d try a quick wish-list to start the discussion. Join us as we make our lists and check them twice, then pick your favorites, or add your own in comments. After the jump.
Ernie’s Wish List
I want a pony, and a GI Joe Range Rover and a Chuck Season 4 DVD… Oh, wait, wrong list. So for season 5 I really am a simple creature. I want peace in the fandom and goodwill toward Morgan. Lacking that, I’ll settle for being entertained and some skimpy Sarah costumes. I doubt that’ll be an issue though, so for my top 5 I’ll get a bit more specific.
5 ) A musical montage. A good one, like the old days, as established in Tango and nearly perfected in First Date, Tom Sawyer and Ring.
4 ) The Weinerliscious outfit (or Nerdherder) makes a return. It’s nice to see Sarah taking care of her man, even if it means re-enacting some of his pre-couple Sarah fantasies. Sarah in a skimpy outfit is just a bonus, and those who want some Walkertowski heat should also be behind this one. So I say supply closet, Weinerliscious outfit and our favorite couple re-enacting the opening of Truth, for realz this time. Getting busted by Casey in Scooter’s place would also be hilarious.
3 ) The Morgansect gets Fitzroyed. Not that I have anything against the Walkertowski’s bearded stepchild, but he’s had it coming since Barstow, and Sarah can’t help it if the Morgansect goes for the kung-fu and she reacts reflexively…can she?
2 ) Ellie going all mother hen patching up team B. It could be funny, or touching, or dramatic, or all of the above, but I think a great way to work the Awsome’s into the spy world of rogue Team B is to start as their personal physicians. Great opportunity for a good brother-sister talk or sister-sister-in-law talk about anything from their future to Sarah’s past too.
1 ) A Sarah pregnancy freakout. Sarah is never quite as funny as when her control starts to slip and she starts to freakout. This one would be classic, and Yvonne would likely knock it out of the park.
Joe’s Wish List
Hum… This is a surprise. As much as I’d like it, seeing Sarah in a bikini one more time did not make the top five on my wish list for Season 5. What’s wrong with me???
Oh well. Here it is, with the briefest of explanations!
5 ) I want Morgan to realize that the exciting spy-existence of “The One and Only Human Intersect” is not for him and that he’d rather settle down with Alex. I want him to realize this after he and Chuck figure out how to make it impossible for the CIA or anyone else to make another human intersect.
4 ) I want to see a great resolution to the story behind Sarah’s missing mother. And while we’re at it, can we finally know if she really has a sister or not, oh mighty Powers That Be? Thanks!
3 ) I want to see Casey and Kathleen getting married in a double ring ceremony with Morgan and Alex. I’m such a sucker for a good wedding!
2 ) I want to see Stephen return and rejoin his family. Yeah, I know that because of Scott Bakula’s obligations that’s probably not possible. But with Linda Hamilton and just a little creative camera work, who knows?
1 ) I want to see Sarah deliriously happy to tell Chuck she’s expecting. I don’t think that precludes Ernie’s wished-for freak-out; it’s just the way I want it to end! 😉
I like all of what Ernie and Joe said before me. So this list may not seem too original, but my top 5 picks, in no particular order are:
5) Family time. I still remember listing this as my number one wish on the eve of S3. Is anyone surprised I was bitterly disappointed? Anyway, I love the gatherings of friends and family that so often make up a big part of “Chuck.” This crew manages to be endearing and funny, and I love watching them play off of each other.
4) Good stunt-work with explosions. This is an important part of any quality entertainment. The stunt and effects teams have been a wonderful part of the “Chuck” experience. I hope for some more memorable moments as we close out the show.
3) Lot’s of laugh-out-loud moments. My first memories of “Chuck” involve laughing. I hope my last will be just as good. We often complain here about the over-use of Jeffster, but to be fair, when they are funny they are very funny. Likewise, Morgan, used in moderation, is a great source of humor. And of course, when Sarah is actually funny she steals the show. I especially hope for more of that last in the season ahead.
2) Real heroics. This may or may not be related to the stunt and effects work mentioned above. I love a good fight scene, but I also love Chuck outsmarting a baddie or any of our heroes taking a difficult stand just as much.
1) Charah. Need I say more?!
Thinkling’s Wish List
The great disadvantage of inputting my wishes after my fellow bloggers is that I now have more wishes to wish for that I didn’t know I wished for before.
Ernie, peace in the fandom and goodwill toward Morgan? You sound like a beauty pageant contestant. I like your 1 & 2. I think #1 is a pretty sure bet, #2 — even odds.
Joe, love your 1 & 4. I think your chances are good on both.
Dave, I could just ditto your list … but where’s the fun in that?
My List, not in any order:
5) Family, being a major Chuck theme, should be a major theme of the final season. Chuck and Sarah starting a family should surface occasionally, though I don’t think it should dominate the way the proposal and engagement did. An early pregnancy scare, a few scenes of Sarah watching or interacting with kids or babies, then pregnancy happiness. An 8-months-later epilogue of the birth. Don’t need to see the whole pregnancy, like Ellie’s.
4) Chuck and Sarah (how many times have I said this?) committed, happy, passionate (please), power spy-couple. The spy couple of Couch Lock and FBoE, the funny couple of A-Team, and more sweet scenes at the end that Chuck does better than any show. Chuck and Sarah complete each other and bring out the best in each other. (Like Morgan once said Chuck is with Sarah … the Chuck we always dreamed of — the Chuck that has the potential to do anything in the world. And Sarah said in her vows … You make me the best person I could ever hope to be.) I’d like to see the security of marriage galvanize that in both of them, individually and as a couple.
3) Bartowski women scenes! I love the dynamic of the Bartowski women in any combination.
2) Sarah. Give Yvonne her full range. Funny Sarah. Lioness Sarah. Happy Sarah. And all the dramatic moments and nuances she does better than anybody.
1) Chuck. Team leader. Decent enough fighting skill to hold his own if he has to. Creative, brilliant, determined. The hero he was in Push Mix and Cliffhanger.
Faith’s Wish List
I take my wish lists for Chuck very seriously. I mean very. If you don’t believe me, read this. With that in mind, I’ve yet to really thoroughly write down my wishes for season 5. I think I’m held back by the fact that it’s Chuck’s last season and more than anything I just want to savor. Not expect, or look forward to anything, but rather just take every moment, every scene as it happens and savor it. But of course I’m likely going to still write my thorough and itemized wish list sometime in the future. For now it’s as follows:
5. Michael Ironside. I recently saw Riley (Ray Wise) in a film with Michael Ironside and I’m thinking of all these great role guys that have been on Chuck. Impressive if you consider how in demand these guys are and yet they somehow get on Chuck!
4. Casey to have a girl. I don’t really want it to be Alex’s mom, though that would be tidy but rather someone more sexy and vamp-y. Ilsa being back would be nice.
3. Ellie, Sarah, Mary. That is all. Well specifically, I want more screen time and story lines for these three. They have just made this season more than I expected and left me wanting more. Sarah has had to do less emoting via facial expressions because she’s been in a good place and yet I find that I miss it. I wouldn’t want her to be in a bad place per say but I would love to see YS’ range again.
2. Sarah’s mom. At this point, I’m not even hoping for specific actors to play her, I just want her on Chuck. Period. Although if Lynda Carter wants to get on Chuck, I wouldn’t turn her down. Yes I know she’s not blond but who cares she’s Lynda Carter! Lynda Carter is WIN.
1. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Chuck and Sarah, not to mention certain factions of the fandom would call for my shipper crown 😉 but more I just want to see them after the marriage. Not necessarily happy, that’s not realistic but in love and epic. Passion would be nice.